All Sunbrella® fabrics are engineered to combine the highest level of design and performance. For easy day-to-day maintenance of your Sunbrella fabric:
- Brush off loose dirt.
- Spray on a cleaning solution of water and mild soap.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Air dry.
Soak fabric in a solution of one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water. Use a sponge or very soft bristle brush to lightly agitate the stain. Then rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue, and allow fabric to air dry.
Some removable casings can be washed in the washing machine, however consult the furniture manufacturer before removing the casing as cushion construction may vary. To wash, first close all zippers. Machine wash in cold water on the delicate cycle with normal amounts of mild laundry detergent. For severe mold or mildew, add 1 cup of bleach. Allow fabric to air dry.
Cleaning Non-Removable Fabric
Prepare a solution of one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water. Use a soft bristle brush to clean, allowing the cleaning solution to soak into the fabric. Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue and allow fabric to air dry.
Mold and mildew stains
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances if not removed from the fabric. To remove mold or mildew:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and one fourth cup mild soap per gallon of water.
- Spray on entire area and allow to soak into the fabric for 15 minutes.
- Clean entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
For severe mold/mildew growth, bleach quantities may be increased.
It is best to clean the entire surface area of the fabric to avoid water rings and stains.